cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDI/EDI

Shri2
Level 1
Level 1

I was exploring directory integration for jabber.

In UC service, I can see Directory type as Directory and Enchanced Directory.

I understand that Enhanced Directory is EDI and what about only Directory ? Is it CDI or BDI ?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EDI and BDI are now CDI, there are no longer separate options.

CDI or UDS, those are the current options.

Contact Source Options for Cisco Directory Integration

In on-premises deployments, the client requires one of the following contact sources to resolve directory look ups for user information:

• Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)—If you have a corporate directory, you can use the following LDAP-based contact source options to configure your directory as the contact source:

• Cisco Directory Integration (CDI)—Use this contact source option to deploy all clients.

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Data Service (UDS)—If you do not have a corporate directory or if your deployment includes users connecting with Expressway Mobile and Remote Access, you can use this option.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_6/cjab_b_planning-guide-for-cisco-jabber-12-6/cjab_b_planning-guide-for-cisco-jabber-12-6_chapter_0110.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In CUCM version 11.5, i still see two directory type.
1. Directory
2. Enhanced Directory.

Can i know from which version BDI/EDI option removed ?
And 1st directory type which i mentioned is it BDI ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: