Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cdr log file size increased

Hello,

Recently I have noticed that our call manager exported cdr file size increasing insanely,  now 7 days creats exported file of 800 MB size.

My question is, how can I decrease the resulted file size as possible?

Knowing that months before I hade to increase the logging level for TAC but we reset it back to default.

Any ideas on how to handle this issue?

TIA

2 Replies 2

You can configure the system to maintain the CAR database size between the low water mark and the high water mark values that you configure through the Configure Automatic Database Purge window. When the database size reaches the low water mark, CAR sends an alert to the user. When the database size reaches the high water mark, the system deletes records based on the deletion age and sends an e-mail.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/11_5_1/car/CUCM_BK_C72B9385_00_cdr-analysis-and-reporting_1151/CUCM_BK_C72B9385_00_cdr-analysis-and-reporting_1151_chapter_011111.html

Response Signature

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

One of the quickest was to decrease the CDR size would be to make sure the service parameter "CDR Log Calls With Zero Duration Flag" is set to FALSE.  This would prevent records from being generated when the call doesn't connect or is 0 seconds.  I would note that this will give you less insight, as the 0 second calls are often a good indication of problems (i.e. unallocated number, or equipment that is offline).

Another option would be to not use the built in CUCM reporting, but instead offload it to a third party product, like VoIP Detective call reporting.  There is a free version that you can use indefinitely.  This way you don't have to monitor the size of your CAR database.