cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CentOS Version for all UC applications

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We are planning to upgrade all UC applications to 12.5 this weekend. We know CUCM, IMP, UNITY is all CentOS 7 in 12.5 but not sure about Expressway 12.5.5 and Emergency Responder 12.5 is CentOS or not. Please can someone help on that and Is there any Cisco document that shows for all UC Applications which application version has which OS version. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't install any VMWare Tools on to an Expressway, so it doesn't matter what software version you tell it it is, it will always complain and you can safely ignore the message.

But, if you really want to check the version, log on via ssh to the Expressway and run the uname -a command and you'll get output similar to:

Linux HOSTNAME 4.16.3 #1 SMP Mon Nov 12 18:34:08 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Note: this was for an X8.11.4 Expressway, not the newer X12.5.x

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no such doc. Unless the upgrade documentation or RN explicitly call out changing the guest OS, there is no need to do so. You can download the fresh install ova for those products and deploy to compare the guest OS. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime. Doing the ova was my back up option. Thx for the quick response.

Just to update for CER 12.5 it’s not in RN so I did ova it was showing as RHEL version but when I finished upgrade ESXi was showing error to update the OS so when I checked it was actually CentOS 7 64 bit.

For Expressway it shows OS as other 32 bit but no where I can find what OS version it is running on though ESXI prompted to update I couldn’t do anything as I don’t know what it is. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thx

You can't install any VMWare Tools on to an Expressway, so it doesn't matter what software version you tell it it is, it will always complain and you can safely ignore the message.

But, if you really want to check the version, log on via ssh to the Expressway and run the uname -a command and you'll get output similar to:

Linux HOSTNAME 4.16.3 #1 SMP Mon Nov 12 18:34:08 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Note: this was for an X8.11.4 Expressway, not the newer X12.5.x

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne. Didn't know we can't install vmware tools on Expressway servers.