Views
Helpful
Replies

Centrally Manage Directory groups in CUCM 11 and J4W 11.0.1

juan.anzola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a new CUCM 11.0 deployment and just enabled Directory Groups to be Synced over LDAP. It works fine, but the user needs to know the exact name of the directory group (Case Sensitive). That is a challenge for some organizations/users.

Is there a way to centrally manage the directory groups? The ultimate goal is that users will never need to add contacts manually.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using LDAP or UDS??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm using UDS. Will it work differently with LDAP?

Thanks!

Yes, I asked because the behavior that you mentioned (the exact group name) is on UDS, on LDAP you can actually look for the groups and they'll show up in a list (just as users)

HTH

java

Thanks!  That helps, however the ultimate goal is to be able to add Directory Groups to their contact lists, so end users will not have to search for them. I tried Bulk Exporting the contact lists but those don't include the directory groups. 

Is there a workaround for that?

Regards,

If you use UDS, there's no way around for that, you need the exact name of the groups if you want to add them.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: