cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER 12.5 - How many simultaneous 911 calls?

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

How many simultaneous 911 calls can you make per ELIN?

I  have one ELIN per ERL, and ERL is based on IP Subnet.

I heard a rumor that you can only make one 911 call per ELIN, but can't find any documentation.

I had a situation where two users called 911 at the same time (same ERL), the first call went through, but the second did not. Is there anything in the configuration that would limit this?

Thanks, Randy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All calls should connect. CER will map the last/most recent calling party to an ELIN for four hours in case the PSAP needs to call back. If an ERL has more than one ELIN CER will select the longest unused ELIN. If there are more calls than there are ELINs CER just reuses them, overwriting the callback mapping.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All calls should connect. CER will map the last/most recent calling party to an ELIN for four hours in case the PSAP needs to call back. If an ERL has more than one ELIN CER will select the longest unused ELIN. If there are more calls than there are ELINs CER just reuses them, overwriting the callback mapping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: