cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER IP subnet tracking not working

Chad Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Because of our environment, tracking phones using switches is not the best approach so I am trying to use the IP subnets to track the phones but it's not working. The phones are on layer 2 switches and the IP address for the voice vlan is configured on the layer 3 switch. I see the ip address for the phone on the layer 3 switch. What could be causing CER to not be finding the phones?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They only show up if I manually add them. I tried adding the IP subnets but that isn't working either. I keep getting an error message saying CER cant communicate with CUCM using SNMP. I've verified that the SNMP string is configured the same on both CUCM and CER and went through all the tests from CER to make sure CER can see CUCM. Not sure what is going on. I've got a TAC case open but the TAC engineer must be on permanent vacation as they don't seem to want to respond to me. Because of environment, using the switches to find phones is not optimal. Using IP Subnet or manually adding the phones/numbers are the only viable solutions for us. IP Subnet would be better of the two choices.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

arcaidy
Level 1
Level 1

Are the phones showing up in CER? If so, are they in the Default ERL? Have you tried manually assigning them to the correct ERL?

Thanks,
James Coffey

They only show up if I manually add them. I tried adding the IP subnets but that isn't working either. I keep getting an error message saying CER cant communicate with CUCM using SNMP. I've verified that the SNMP string is configured the same on both CUCM and CER and went through all the tests from CER to make sure CER can see CUCM. Not sure what is going on. I've got a TAC case open but the TAC engineer must be on permanent vacation as they don't seem to want to respond to me. Because of environment, using the switches to find phones is not optimal. Using IP Subnet or manually adding the phones/numbers are the only viable solutions for us. IP Subnet would be better of the two choices.

TAC helped my find a couple of things that was not configured correctly. Issue has been resolved.