cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing voice service domain compromised jabber IM ability

ravi.kumar1
Level 1
Level 1

we have our main domain xyz.com our jabber login domain is also xyz.com , we have an expressway infrastructure in UK supporting MRA with a different domain, abc.xyz.com. We have jabber on cloud(webex messenger). I followed below step to change the voice service domain which worked fine and i connected to the voice services VPN-lessly over abc.xyz.com, but i lost the ability to IM

The user always logs in with userid@domain4, as there should be no difference in user
experience when inside or outside. This means that if domain1 is different from domain4, you
must configure the voice services domain in the Jabber client. This is because the domain portion
of the login is used in order to discover the Collaboration Edge services using Service (SRV)
record lookups.
The client performs a Domain Name System (DNS) SRV record query for _collabedge._
tls.<domain>. This implies that when the domain from the login user ID is different than
the domain from the Expressway E, you must use the voice service domain configuration. Jabber
uses this configuration in order to discover the Collaboration Edge and the UDS.
There are multiple options that you can use in order to complete this task:
Add this as a parameter when you install Jabber via the Media Services Interface (MSI):
msiexec /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi VOICE_SERVICES_DOMAIN=domain1 CLEAR=1

since we are changing the voice service domain, am not sure why IM ability will go away. attaching the screenshot of jabber

jabber-dimain.JPG

1 Reply 1