Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chat typing area 1/2 sized in Jabber 9.2.2

We've started pushing 9.2.2 to a group of test users. A couple of them have reported that the area in the chat windows where they type is now 1/2 the size. It appears that 1/2 of the typing area is taken up by a scroll bar. You can incrase the size of the typing area, but once you exit chat, the typing area goes back to the too small size.

Also, for the two users that are having the issue, they have a scroll bar on the side and bottom, but none of the other users even have a scroll bar in the chat window.

Here is what the problem looks like:

Capture.PNG

Here is what it should look like:

Captaure.PNG

FYI: No matter how large they make the Jabber chat window (even spanning across two monitors), the scroll bars don't go away.

13 Replies 13

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Two things:

• You should get a vertical arrow if you hover over the top edge of the text box and the ability to drag it up, showing more lines of the text box.
  • I have seen similar behavior on the Mac client if I accidentially hit tab within the text box. This causes it to start a bulleted list and indents everything. Choose the Text > Default Font to reset it to normal.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thank for the reply, Jonathan.

We've tried to manually resize the chat window, but whenever Jabber is restarted, it goes back to what you see in my original post.

I had one of the guys go to File, Options, Chats, and click the Reset button, but that didn't help. I also had him try a different font and then change it back to the default (Segoe UI 10pt), but that didn't help.

I have a user on 9.2.3 with this same issue.  Have you found any solution?

Running 9.2.2 and it just started doing this all on its own yesterday. Would love a fix/solution.

Running 9.2.4 it has this problem too, no chance to resize, it sets things back at program restart.

Fix Please...

mschmitt3
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this same issue with 2 users in version 9.2.6 does anyone have any idea about a fix?

Sacha Boudjema
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Having this problem too with verison 9.6.0

I tried reinstalling Jabber and deleting all user specific config in %localappdata%, but the scrollbars still show even if the IM typing area is empty.

Anyone got more info on this ?

JaredDeJong
Level 1
Level 1

We have this problem as well, with quite a few users. I can't seem to find any way to permenantly resize the typing area. It needs to be resized each time a chat window is opened - very annoying!

CMGerken4
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, has there been any resolution to this issue?

I am suprised that an issue, 7 months old, still has no corrective action posted.

Thanks!

rodrigopaula
Level 1
Level 1

Install IE 10 that the problem will  be solved

Thank you! that did fix it for me.

You have to love the simple solutions.

Thanks again!

Is there a solution other than installing IE10? That's not an option for us at this time. Thanks!

Hi Ian Shelley,

You can try to reset IE in Internet Options under the Advanced Tab.

That solved the issue from my end.

Hope that helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: