Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC 8.6.6 not work with Windows 10

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install the CIPC in one machine with windows 10 64bits, but, the CICP not start. The option to configure the TFTP on IP communicator  is not enable. The machine is with mode security disable (firewall). The CUCM is 10.5.2. I reed the release notes about the CIPC and requesed uncheck the parameters about internet explorer, but, the machine have Microsoft Edge.

Are there any problem about compatibility between CIPC and Windows 10?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

5 Replies 5

Have you tried to start CIPC as Administrator?

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Answering You question, yes, the behavior is the same.

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Roger,

After apply the recommendation did in this link below, worked.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_6_6/Release_Notes.html

"

Note

Due to changes to Microsoft Internet Explorer on Microsoft Windows 10, if users set Microsoft Internet Explorer as their default browser on Microsoft Windows 10, user must uncheck Enable Protected Mode in Internet Explorer Security settings. If users do not disable Protected Mode, they will not be able to start the Cisco Unified CM Self-Care portal from the Cisco IP CommunicatorPreferences menu."

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Scott Pedersen
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 8.6.2.0 on windows 10 without issue. I had to install running as administrator and with windows 7 compatibility I believe. Also need to run the program every time with administrative privileges or it resets tftp and device information and will not allow you to change it.

Hi Pederses1,

I only needed use the privilege to do install, after this no.

Thanks,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: