cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cube Media Proxy co-located with CUBE

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

hi team, anyone with experience in Cisco Cube Media Proxy ( fork for record voice calls)? My question is if i need or need not one diferent cube to media proxy or i can use same cube as CUBE SP and CUBE MEDIA PROXY. i ask this because i see in cisco documtation always said that cant be co-located.

7 Replies 7

As you already stated it is clearly stated in documentation that these two functions cannot coincide on the same hardware.

Response Signature

One more question , i already have CUCM, UCCX and CUBE SP . I only need to record some calls from pst to a single recorder using siprec. Do i need to add a cube media proxy for it , or can i fork the call directly from CUBE SP?

external call ( DDI) -> CUBE SP  -> FORK -> RECORDER using SIP REC

-> CUCM->UCCX->CUCM->PHONE

yes, it was because of that documentation i had that doubt, so far i was thinking in a deployement with cube sp and cube media proxy, and i will have not only cucm phones but also 3ºparty phones and 3ºparty pabxs , and i will have also just one recorder, so it looks regarding that documentation i only need configure siprec in CUBE SP and dont need any cube media proxy. Anyone with experience on it? By the way , we are talking about Carin as Sip Recorder.

I got it now. You are confused between Network based call recording NBR and Media proxy /forking feature on CUBE. Media forking to multiple recorders simultaneously is a new CUBE feature supported by IOS XE 16.10.1 or later.

The difference is clear. 

1. If you are recording one call stream to one destination i.e. recording server, its NBR and its free and also supports 3rd party phones as well as BIB of Cisco IP Phones. It is available quite some time.
  2. If you are recording one stream to multiple recorder servers (max is 5), its Media proxy/forking. its a licensed feature and cannot be co-located on CUBE. it requires CUCM 12.5+ & IOSXE 16.10.1.

Go ahead and spin up NBR on cube.

webex-community.png

Since i will have other pabx not Cisco , is not better to use same cube as you said but SIPrec and not NBR? 

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, This is correct because Cube media forking has 3 flavors. This includes SIPREC, CUBE ORA with Cisco MediaSense, and CUCM NBR. 

Since you don't have CUCM or MediaSense, the only option you have is using SIPREC protocol which is dial-peer based call recording mechanism.

Its worth mentioning, that each recording call leg will also consume CUBE trunk license. so your SIP call capacity will be 50% incase you record each and every call. Secondly, it doesn't record internal calls. Only PSTN calls are supported.

Please mark helpful or accept as solution if this answered your Question.webex-community.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: