cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco for Jabber Login Fails with correct credentials

beckman3
Level 4
Level 4

We have a user than is unable to sign into Jabber for Windows (v 11.9.2). When they attempt to sign in, we get a "Your username or password is not correct.". 

The user is able to sign into a Windows computer on the domain (the same account Jabber uses) just fine - so we know the account and password are correct. I've also attempted to sign in to the users Jabber on multiple computers and with multiple versions of Jabber - all under that users windows profile. I am able to sign into my jabber account under my profile on that computer using the version of Jabber (v 11.9.2) that is installed on that computer.

I am able to ping the domain controllers and also the call manager and presence servers just fine. So we know they can talk - plus under my profile, i am able to sign into Jabber.

I have made this user a local user in call manager, deleted the account out, synced the LDAP so she gets added back in and made sure her End User Configuration is setup the same as someone else that is able to use Jabber in that location and we get the same end result - Your username or password is not correct.

Attached is a photo of the End User Config - some of the info is blacked out for security purposes.

Thank you in advanced for the help!

Luke

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

UPDATE:

I got it working. I had to go in a assign that user to a presence server. Apparently for whatever reason, they weren't being assigned automatically. We had about 20+ users that had no presence server assigned to them. Added them to the server and they were able to login just fine.

Luke

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd take a look at the PRT to make sure Jabber is getting all the right info, reaching out to the right servers, and if all checks, then look at CUCM traces.

Have you tried disabling him for IM&P, saving, making sure he doesn't show up in IM&P server, and then re-enable him?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I will check those things.

Could it possibly be a licensing thing? I created a different account and ran into the same issue.

UPDATE:

I got it working. I had to go in a assign that user to a presence server. Apparently for whatever reason, they weren't being assigned automatically. We had about 20+ users that had no presence server assigned to them. Added them to the server and they were able to login just fine.

Luke

This is what i always do. Check if user is actually being assigned to a presence node.
second part is the SRV records. if nothing works. a server reboot fixes.

AMMAR

Hi
I have a problem, with the Jabber, when they want to log in from a laptop, has been working normally until last week, today users can not log in, since it shows an incorrect user error and password, I thought the AD key it could be wrong but it does not show any error,
Call Manager is synchronized with an AD WS 2008, the strange thing is that if I can access the ccmuser page with their domain credentials and everything is fine, so it is not a domain code issue

Call Managers is version 11.5 IM&P with 11.5

Has something similar happened to you?

regards
Carlos P.

Are you saying it works when connected to the network over a wired connection, but not a wireless connection?

This thread is old, there is no one to reply to here. @kenobiwan and others should start a new thread to ask a new question.

"This thread is old" but still relevant, and provided the solution I needed. Our problem was, our primary CUP node was failed over to its sub, so it wouldn't let me assign any users. We had to restart the primary node, at which point we were able to start assigning users to it again. Once assigned, our user was able to login to Jabber.
So, old thread. Sure. I guess sometimes it's the old threads that know the most tricks.
Oh, and thanks for all the replies on this old thread. Extremely helpful! Well, all but one of them.

Thanks Ammar For Sharing your Expertise, this Help me a lot and solved my Issue. Stay Blessed Buddy.

Could someone kindly tell me how to "assign a user to a presence server", please? Thank you!

Log in to Call Manager, and go to User Management > Assign Presence Users. Once you get there, find the user, click on the box next to their name and at the top click Assign Selected Users. Another window should open up that will allow you to select which presence server you want to assign them.

Luke

That worked for me