Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM&Presence and Jabber

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I want to know IM&Presence only works to give almost all the functionalities to Cisco Jabber? It doesn't have another function to another application?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IM&P is a presence engine for XMPP clients such as Jabber, it provides also ability to provide presence status of phones, it can be used to federate to Microsoft IMP solution to allow Jabber users to chat/see presence of Microsoft IM users, etc.  But in nutshell you would not deploy Cisco IMP without deploying Jabber clients.  You can read more on all details here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab12/collab12/presence.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to be more specific, IM&P is a server providing Jabber clients ability to instant message, see presence status, persistent chat, integration to other IM systems, i.e. Microsoft Skype, etc.  Is there specific feature you are looking for?

Yes I know that but I mean IM&Presence does something that is not only to Jabber? Because even Microsoft Office is to work together Jabber.

IM&P is a presence engine for XMPP clients such as Jabber, it provides also ability to provide presence status of phones, it can be used to federate to Microsoft IMP solution to allow Jabber users to chat/see presence of Microsoft IM users, etc.  But in nutshell you would not deploy Cisco IMP without deploying Jabber clients.  You can read more on all details here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab12/collab12/presence.html

Hello

Thanks for your reply and as I was thinking IM&Presence basically only works to make Cisco Jabber Works good.

Hello

Thanks for your reply and as I was thinking IM&Presence basically only works to make Cisco Jabber Works good.