Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM and Presence at EVE-NG

jayaprakasha94
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying install Cisco IM & Presence 12.5 in EVE-NG Emulation.

Even I have enabled KVM in the ISO Image and made it bootable, getting the following error.

I have followed the same procedure as CUCM 12.5 Installation and it's okay. Only facing issue on IM&P server installation.

https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/documentation/howtos/cisco-cucm/

jayaprakasha94_0-1686062223512.png

Please let me know, any special changes required at ISO Image to run in EVE-NG CE.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Only VMware ESXi is supported.

Response Signature

Celso Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Workaround for your LAB environment: install and configure your new IM&P VM on VMware ESXI (you can install everything and skip or postpone the network configuration) then export VM. You will save and convert the exported disk file to EVE-NG so you can create your new VMs for IM&P. From this part on it will be similar to creating EVE-NG VMs for Expressways.

Reference: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cisco-collaboration-ccie-ccnp-ccna-sandbox-eve-ng-tudor-adrian-negru

jayaprakasha94
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I could able to install IM&P on VMWare by creating bootable ISO. After the installation completed successfully, I converted the vmdk file into qcow2 as mentioned in above workaround link. But I am getting the error while booting from EVE-NG Lab.

jayaprakasha94_0-1686210766007.png

I did the following to convert into KVM

i. uploaded the vmdk file

ii. generated the qcow2 using the following command.

cd /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/cup-12.5.1.12900-25

qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O qcow2 imp.vmdk virtioa.qcow2

/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions

Still the issue exists. Please help me to resolve.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: