cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM & Presence - Jabber usage analytics....

Phillip Harding
Level 5
Level 5

Our coaching and development team has asked me to pull some analytics/metrics for Jabber usage (IM/Chat) feature usage over all (whatever is available) beyond login reports.  I reviewed the Cisco Unified IM and Presence Reporting available and see no templates/reports that will produce the requested information.  Are there any third-party tools and or other Cisco reporting tools I can use to gather this information?  Thanks!  Phillip

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not seen a product that is specifically targeted at measuring the user adoption of Jabber; however, there are a few ways to see this. The IM&P cluster supports server-side archival of IM conversations. You can export this to a PostgreSQL or Oracle database and do your own reporting (e.g. messages per day by user); or, you could use one of the compliance server product alternatives that come with their own GUIs and reporting. The leading vendor in that space seems to be Verba though Actiance also has an offering. ISI is the authorized distributor for Verba within the US.