Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco interop microsoft S4B O365 issue

danny.yf_li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a problem when making call from S4B O365 to CUCM ip phone via expressway-C expressway-E and CMS.

1) A Skype for business client call in CMS space and a CMS user join the space using webrtc. S4B client can hear cms webrtc client's sound, but webrtc client cannot hear anything from skype client.

2) S4B client calls cucm ip phone, S4B client can hear sound came from ip phone, ip phone user cannot hear anything from S4B client.

CMS version: 2.2.7

Expressway version :X8.9.2

CUCM version: 11.5.1.11900-26

abc.com is just an example

company domain:         abc.com

company S4B domain : abc.com

expressway sip domain abc.com

cms xmpp domain        conf.abc.com

skype for bussiness client call cucm ip phone using  4321@conf.abc.com

standard SIp  B2B client call cucm ip phone using 4321@abc.com

I have a Sx20 registered on cucm. When sx 20 calls skype for bussiness client, say user1@abc.com(client's skype for bussiness domain is the same as company domain)

sx20 resolves the address to user1@cucm ip address. How  can I make cucm endpoints call skype for bussiness client which also has the same domain?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight
@danny.yf_li wrote:

Hi all

I have a problem when making call from S4B O365 to CUCM ip phone via expressway-C expressway-E and CMS.

1) A Skype for business client call in CMS space and a CMS user join the space using webrtc. S4B client can hear cms webrtc client's sound, but webrtc client cannot hear anything from skype client.

2) S4B client calls cucm ip phone, S4B client can hear sound came from ip phone, ip phone user cannot hear anything from S4B client.

I have a Sx20 registered on cucm. When sx 20 calls skype for bussiness client, say user1@abc.com(client's skype for bussiness domain is the same as company domain)

sx20 resolves the address to user1@cucm ip address. How  can I make cucm endpoints call skype for bussiness client which also has the same domain?

Thanks!

Option1.

You first need to send all skype and SIP related calls to Expressway C using sip route pattern "*" and CMS has a Lync trunk to your Expressway C. then you need search rules on ExpC to first try this call as a standard SIP call and then send this call to CMS, CMS then transcodes it to Lync and sends it back to Expressway C which further tries this call with microsoft AV protocol.

Option2:

create a SIP route pattern of (abc.com) and route it to CMS and CMS has a lync trunk with SFB on prem. create an outbound rule in CMS for abc.com with highest priority, trunk type Lync and send it to SFB.  

now you need to create forward call rules to forward (abc.com) to this trunk if there is no matching CMS Space (space.XYZ@abc.com). you can also use Dial transforms in CMS to only forward calls to Lync trunk if it has specific pattern. 

assuming you have an outbound Lync rule to SFB server "abc.com" with highest priority.   

Raw ($1/55\d{3}/)       $1@abc.com      ****  4 DIGIT EXTENSIONS 

this will catch only numbers starting from 55XXX, append@abc.com and forward it to SFB server. in this way CUCM users Video devices, IP Phones, Jabber will dial 55xxx@abc.com and call will be forwarded to SFB. 

HTH,

AMMAR 

please Rate and mark answered if helpful.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight
@danny.yf_li wrote:

Hi all

Thanks!

Option1.

You first need to send all skype and SIP related calls to Expressway C using sip route pattern "*" and CMS has a Lync trunk to your Expressway C. then you need search rules on ExpC to first try this call as a standard SIP call and then send this call to CMS, CMS then transcodes it to Lync and sends it back to Expressway C which further tries this call with microsoft AV protocol.

Option2:

create a SIP route pattern of (abc.com) and route it to CMS and CMS has a lync trunk with SFB on prem. create an outbound rule in CMS for abc.com with highest priority, trunk type Lync and send it to SFB.  

now you need to create forward call rules to forward (abc.com) to this trunk if there is no matching CMS Space (space.XYZ@abc.com). you can also use Dial transforms in CMS to only forward calls to Lync trunk if it has specific pattern. 

assuming you have an outbound Lync rule to SFB server "abc.com" with highest priority.   

this will catch only numbers starting from 55XXX, append@abc.com and forward it to SFB server. in this way CUCM users Video devices, IP Phones, Jabber will dial 55xxx@abc.com and call will be forwarded to SFB. 

HTH,

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight
@danny.yf_li wrote:

Hi all

Thanks!

Option1.

Option2:

HTH,

AMMAR 

Thank you AMMAR .

It works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: