Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 10.5 for Windows boot up process

Pavel Herc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have experienced following problem and cannot find a clue which can move me somewhere.

A customer has a Cisco jabber 10.5 deployed and  integrated with an Active Directory.

Each day the clients are booting up the jabber clients sends queries with the  phone numbers against the AD domain controller (those numbers are not from the contactlists - personal or  company) and as there is a bigger amount of this queries in one moment the utillization of the AD is nearly 100% which also makes the problem with login to the outlook (is also integrated with the Cisco Jabber for windows)

I have searched the web for some hints but didnt  found anything.

My questions are :

Are  the data for Outlook Personal Adressbook during the start of the Jabber queried via Jabber Localy or via Domain controller?

What is the proces of the startup of the Jabber for Windows regarding the Directories integration? 

Is this normal behaviour from jabber ?

#####################################################################

Here is the configuration from jabber-config.xml file (passswords and domains are changed):

<Directory>

<!-- BDI Settings-->  
      <DirectoryServerType>BDI</DirectoryServerType>
        <BDILDAPServerType>AD</BDILDAPServerType>
        <BDIPrimaryServerName>AD-IP Address</BDIPrimaryServerName>

<BDIPresenceDomain>Presence domain</BDIPresenceDomain>
           <BDIServerPort1>389</BDIServerPort1>
            <BDISearchBase1>DC=presence,DC=domain</BDISearchBase1>
       <BDIConnectionUsername>Username</BDIConnectionUsername>
        <BDIConnectionPassword>Password</BDIConnectionPassword>
        <BDIEnableTLS>False</BDIEnableTLS>
        <BDIUseANR>True</BDIUseANR>

</Directory>

###########################################################

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Jabber will not query the Outlook address book contact to DC until a manual search is done.

Also jabber by default contact the DC of the host windows PC.

Whenever you enter at least 3 character (default value to start search), jabber first look for cached contacts and then outlook address book and then does the directory search.

The attached config file is BDI type ie. for MAC computers, this will not take effect in windows PC's.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Jabber will not query the Outlook address book contact to DC until a manual search is done.

Also jabber by default contact the DC of the host windows PC.

Whenever you enter at least 3 character (default value to start search), jabber first look for cached contacts and then outlook address book and then does the directory search.

The attached config file is BDI type ie. for MAC computers, this will not take effect in windows PC's.

Hi Ankoor ,

Thank you for the answer.

I this makes me some informations more clearer (why the client sends the queries still to the GC server altough I have modified the BDI to send it to another server - this I will have to make on the EDI part.). Now the issue with the queries is solved as there was another Global Catalog server added to the domain and the load is balanced between them.

Thanks a lot once again,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: