cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 10.6/11.1.3 Service Profiles not working

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

I have a modified Service profile that only contains information regarding the Im/P servers. All other options (WebEx, Voicemail, CTI etc) are empty. I have assigned that profile to a test user. When that test user logs in they are still presented with Voicemail Icon, Recents Icon and errors on WebEx integration. It seems to me that Jabber is not downloading the new service profile for this user. 

Any ideas?

RB

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried to delete the cache or reset Jabber and try again??

Also, does your .xml has any of those items set as enabled??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yup, deleted the jabber cache.

Not sure I understand "Also, does your .xml has any of those items set as enabled??". 

I have opened the home-uds-info.xml file and the "serviceProfile" section still points to the spdefault.cnf.xml files...not the service profile i have specified for the user.

I meant your jabber-config.xml, you can also enable/disable those from there.

HTH

java

Gotcha!

Jabber-Config is a global file and applies to all users. I have some users who need just IM/P and some who need all options.

None of my users have softphone. 

Yes, jabber-config,xml (that exact file name) will be the file all Jabber clients will look by default, however, you can define another file to be used (jabber-config-im.xml for example), per client, the Jabber documentation explains this.

For those who will be IM only, and don't need VM either:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_J06BEF2D_00_jabber-parameters-reference-guide-115/CJAB_BK_J06BEF2D_00_jabber-parameters-reference-guide-115_chapter_0110.html#CJAB_RF_T46FCE97_00

HTH

java

to verify, you are talking about using the "Cisco Support Field" Configurationfile =custom_jabber_config.xml, correct?

If so, that only applies to softphone users. none of my IM only users have SoftPhone functionality. They are strictly IM...nothing else.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Then your option is to do the opposite, configure the default file for IM users, and a special one for the rest of them if necessary.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: