Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 11.1 one way voice issue in iphone

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Friends

My manager is in USA. Cisco Jabber 11.1 has installed on his phone. The configuration in CCM is fine and it is registered. The problem is if I call him he can listen my voice but I couldn't here his voice. I test with other iPhone with same account it is working fine.

What could be the problem if I call WhatsApp or other voice service working fine on his phone.

Please advice how can I resolve this issue. If voice setting problem in iPhone how can I check I don't have much experience iPhone.

Thanks and Regards,

Shahul Hameed.

6 Replies 6

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

I suspect, and this is really just a guess based on your description, the network that your manager's iPhone is attached to is not able to route back to you.

1-Way audio almost always comes down to routing. Is his iPhone connected to WiFi and if so, is it the same SSID as the iPhone that is working?

I assume these are internally registered clients and they are not traversing Expressway externally?

Thanks,

Ryan

Dear Friends

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Same ID I checked with another iPhone it is working fine. Also check with local Wifi and outside network for other phone working fine. I suspect about his phone setting may be mute or sound but we tried reset Jabber and uninstall reinstalled it, no success result.

here is what needs to be done;

goto iPhone settings\ Privacy\and make sure Cisco Jabber is checked for "access to microphone".

- rate if this helps.

Small thinks how make different? 

It is working after change the setting in iPhone 

Thanks Mr.Amit Kumar.

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pls try capture wireshark on PC with jabber win by making call from jabber iphone to jabber win in softphone mode 

then use wireshark filter sip||rtp to check for issues...

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

anywhere in the topology do you see an ASA/firewall coming into picture ? If yes has it got sip inspect enabled ?

Regards,

Amit Kumar