cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Call Preservation issue

zamora0800
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am supporting a client who has having issues with Cisco Jabber/Call Preservation feature. Here are the specifics of the versions and other questions I asked the end user. (customer answers in bold)

1. Can you tell me if this has been going on since day 1 or did it just start  happening recently? Recently

2. Can you tell me when the call is actually  dropping? Is it mid-call, as soon as you pick up etc? Mid call and it says call  preservation on the screen.

3. If mid-call or so can you give me an  approximate second count as to when this call drops? Random.

4. Can you tell  me the versions of your systems please? WLC is on 7.0.240.0, CUCM is on  8.0.3.23900-5, Jabber is on 9.1.3.21455

5. Can you tell me if there are any  previous cases similar to this one that you have opened? No.

Further I explained how call presevation feature is SUPPOSED to work and asked a question

Call preservation feature is supposed to keep your call connected  when you receive a GSM call while on an Internet call. You are supposed to be  able to retrieve the Internet call by returning to Cisco Jabber for  IPHONE.

Does this feature work for you and is it when this is happening  when your call drops?

I don't believe the user was receiving a GSM call when this happened. Anyways we  are not able to retrieve the internet call when this happens. The screen says  call preservation and nothing happens and the minute counter goes up..

Looking for some guidance on this one as I am not an expet with Jabber. I understand the basics of Call Preservation however does anyone else have any input that may help me with this issue?

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Call preservation is designed to keep the RTP stream active when signalling to (mostly) Call Manager is lost. 

Your post above suggest customer is on wireless right?

is your customer saying that calls go to call preservation an then they drop or sometimes drop, whilst being a "preserved call?"  if call preservation kicks in you should be able to pick up a device unregistration , I would note the timestamp and check the CUCM trace files to see if the device lost registration.

Also I would not assume this is a voice related issue per se, is customer seeing data functionality loss?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

MinkDennis-

thanks for the reply.

I am not certain but I belive it is wireless- I will verify. Regarding the question about when the call drops- the answer is yes the customer says he sees Call Preservation on the screen (for IPHONES only thus far) and then the call drops mid-call.

I will ask about recieving the device un-registration as well.

Lastlly- is this a Voice related issue....at this point I suspected some interaction with the CUCM/RTP issues so I thought it would be a voice issues. I can verify about the data functionality.

thanks again MDennis!