Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Cannot Suddenly Cannot Login From Outside

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Suddenly my Jabber deployment got some problem. The Instant Messaging got disconnected while the Phone Service still connected. So I tried to reset my Jabber and and I could not login. The error message was "Cannot connect to the server. Internal server error.". This happened on Android, iPhone, and Laptop deployment. When I tried to connect using internal network, it worked normally. Instant Messaging and Phone Service were connected.

I checked SRV records, all were resolved, including cup and uds. Expressway FQDN also got resolved to the correct public IP. SSL certificate also still valid.

Is there anything that I should check? I have no clue at all.

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Check the logs on the expressway to make sure its receiving and passing on the login request. Also, if you generate and send the problem report from the app, you can pull sign in logs from the device to see what response its getting to help narrow the troubleshooting effort.

Please also try to login from within the network if you can. Try and rule out the expressway as the source of issue (if you still cant login)

Hi Mike,

I tried to pull the logs from the Jabber client (Desktop). I saw some success logs, but mostly I do not know what are those logs mean.

On the expressway, I got the following message, "traffic_server[8872]: Event="Sending HTTP error response" Status="400" Reason="Bad Request" Dst-ip="PublicIP" Dst-port="52841" UTCTime="2019-08-06 12:43:22,419"". Not sure what it means but I got no luck finding a clue about it.

And regarding the access from internal network, I can login. Not sure whether something is wrong with my expressway or the connection between expressway and IMP is broken.

Hello,

Use Collaboration Solution Analyzer tool & verify if all the records in place.

https://cway.cisco.com/csa/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: