Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Chat History

MarcST1984
Level 1
Level 1

HelIo,

i use the Cisco Jabber Client for Iphone.

Sometimes there are different chat histories on the iPhone. The connection is set up via MRA

Any ideas what that could be ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Local chat history only if the device is logged in during the conversation, and MDM + local chat history is enabled.

Persistent chat is based on using a DB to hold all the messages so they're available at any time, no matter at what point in time you joined the room.

No, there is no such thing as 1:1 persistent chat, you would need to create a persistent chat room and then only invite the other party so those messages are stored in the DB and can be retrieved at any time (from any device) by either one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean by "different chat histories"?

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

by default, chats are stored locally.

We use persistent chat rooms, with different rooms.

I have 2 devices, csf and tct device.

The chat history is the same on both devices, I thought there was no sync between the devices.

How can that be ?

I some cases, the chat history is not sync.

If both devices are logged in, the on going chat would sync and you would get the same history.

If then only one of them is logged in, then only that one would get the chat history.

Persistent chat is stored in a DB, so anyone who joins the room can access any old messages and "sync" on any device they use which can use persistent chat.

If you don't see the same messages in a persistent chat room, then that means there might be a problem retrieving the information from the DB.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,
did i understand correctly, Persistent Chat only useing Chat rooms.

Chat notification sync on all devices, with the "Multi Device Messaging" function ?

No persistant chat fuctionality in 1:1 conversation ?

Local chat history only if the device is logged in during the conversation, and MDM + local chat history is enabled.

Persistent chat is based on using a DB to hold all the messages so they're available at any time, no matter at what point in time you joined the room.

No, there is no such thing as 1:1 persistent chat, you would need to create a persistent chat room and then only invite the other party so those messages are stored in the DB and can be retrieved at any time (from any device) by either one.

HTH

java

thanks for your detailed explanation.

Hand