cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Chat Options

fordhamv
Level 1
Level 1

We are implementing Cisco Jabber 10.5.2.    In the Chat options, is there a way to disable the attachment feature?   (Represented by the paperclip in the options area).   We would like to roll out the deployment with this option disabled.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Vikki Fordham

IT Help Desk - GOJO Industries, Inc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

in the jabber-config.xml file ensure the following is set:

<Policies>

<File_Transfer_Enabled>false</File_Transfer_Enabled>

</Policies>

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

yes you can disable file transfer in chat window by removing it from the XML structure.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_01001.html

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Can you tell me what this feature is called?    I have looked through the options for the .xml file, but there are so many fields!    Also, how is the .xml file used for Cisco Jabber installations that are through webexconnect, and not on premise?

Thank you for your help.

in the jabber-config.xml file ensure the following is set:

<Policies>

<File_Transfer_Enabled>false</File_Transfer_Enabled>

</Policies>

Thank you for your response.    I did find that our Cisco WebexConnect Administrator needs to set this within the Administration Tool by setting up the policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: