cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Client not connecting

rogalskij
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to use Cisco Jabber Client on mobile devices for the first time.  At one site Jabber clients on IOS and Android work fine, but at our primary site they get an error.  We have an SRV DNS record to point to the Call Manager servers. 

The error states something like "failed to connect".  I have attached a screenshot of what we get.  Additionally I am unsure what version of Jabber, is the latest, is is 12.6 or 12.9?  It shows both, but claims 12.6.3 is the latest, anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jabber_Error.png

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does the PRT says and what other troubleshooting have you performed?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The latest version of Jabber would be 12.9.1. The reason for you seeing multiple different versions as new on Cisco download is that there is a high profile security vulnerability and this has been fixed in all individual releases from 12.6 up to 12.9.

For reference this is the CSCvu71173 .

Response Signature

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This probably comes down to the basics, DNS and reachability. Echoing Jaime, grab the problem report from the app menu if you can, and search for whatever error message is displayed on the sign in screen, then start looking up. It will usually provide some information about the issue at hand.

I agree, I feel like it is somehow DNS based, but I don't understand that given that it works at our branch campus location on the same Wireless SSID.  Additionally it works if you hard wire a computer.  I have attached the log file and diagnostic file in hopes that someone notices something. I have our wireless vendor in the mix to try and figure it out also but so far they can't see the difference between the two sites.  Both those sites point to the same eventual Cisco DNS entry for the call managers.

diag.jpg