Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber closing unexpectedly

I am using Cisco Jabber version 11.9.1 Build 55716 on a Windows 10 OS attached to a corporate LAN. After a recent upgrade to the newest build, Jabber is now closing itself without user interaction throughout the day and having to be re-launched periodically. As I expect it to remain open as designed, this is particularly annoying as I usually only notice it's gone when my desk-phone rings instead. Kinda destroys the point of the software. Is anyone else getting this and if so, what's the solution?

Guy

9 Replies 9

networkalerts
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a resolution to this I have tried 11.9.2 and 3 and I am having the same problem.

Since moving to Jabber 11.9.3 Build 60004, things seem to have stabilised and the jabber software is remaining present on my desktop as I'd want.

I have the same version (11.9.3 b60004) installed and this issue continues to happen to me.  Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks.

networkalerts
Level 1
Level 1

In our case we are using SCCM to push out the software.  The machines we were having the issue on were in our test group so they had both the old version and the new version in software center.  The old version would try to install on top of the new version and would close the new version every time it made the attempt.  To resolve this I did a supercedence on the old version with the new version and this fixed the issue.

Not sure what was causing the problem but when we installed 11.9.2 Build 57740 it stopped, and Jabber now appears stable

We are trying out Jabber version 12 here in the IT Dept.   We are on CUCM 11.5(1)SU4.   Jabber v12 Client, at least on Win 10, is closing unexpectedly as well on every PC it is installed on.   I have not tried it on a Win 7 PC yet.  Wondering if anyone else has run into this or have a fix for it.  

Thx

Perry

Since moving to Jabber 11.9.3 Build 60004, things seem to have stabilised and the jabber software is remaining present on my desktop as I'd want.

"networkalerts" note caused me to investigate our SCCM.  I installed J4W v12 outside of SCCM.   But SCCM was still trying to install older version (looked in C:\Windows\ccmcache).   I went to the SCCM Client in Control Panel and cleared cache.  

Been stable ever since.....

I have had this issue on one Windows 10 laptop, except when I try to open Jabber after it disappears, I get an error message that Jabber.exe is not a valid shortcut and if I would like to delete the shortcut. I try launching Jabber from the start menu, I get the same message. It is still listed under installed programs when I search for it in control panel. I have tried a better copy of the installer (supervisor sent the link to download Jabber to the entire company and there have been issues with the link) and it is still behaving the same way. I have uninstalled Jabber, deleted the Jabber folders located in Appdata local and roaming, and then restarted the laptop. Then I re-installed Jabber, just to get the same issues. Has anyone else experienced the same issues?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: