cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber contact not updating when AD is updated

matthewbates1
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using Jabber version 10.5 and we are connecting to Active directory for contact details.  When a user is updated in AD the contact is not updated until you right click on contact and view their profile.

The order names are resolved in Jabber looks at three things in this order to find a resolution:

1. Local Jabber Cache of Jabber Contacts and Recents      "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Contacts\DirectoryRSCache"
  2. Outlook Contacts
  3. Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Directory

Is it possible to force this order to look at AD first or is there a work around so that when a user is updated the contact list is also updated? Maybe force Jabber to ignore the cache?

5 Replies 5

Andrey Drofa
Level 1
Level 1

As i know Jabber takes it contacts from CUPS server, CUPS server from CUCM and CUCM from AD.

So Jabber contacts will not update since CUCM sync with AD. You can force that with "Perform full sync now" in CUCM > System > LDAP > LDAP Directory.

Or you can use 'Perform a Re-sync Every'' option.

No, the default behavior is LDAP, what you mention is UDS, and that has to be specifically configured so it works.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the order cannot be changed, it will always try the cache in first place in order to avoid "unnecessary" LDAP binds to get the info. You would need to erase the cache so Jabber does go to LDAP to get all the new info.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

jonathan.holmes
Level 1
Level 1

We have put up with this issue for 2 years.

Rather than reset the users cache, we ask the user to right click and "View Profile".  When you do that, it forces an LDAP lookup to refresh the contact from the directory.

In my opinion, there should be a TTL on the cache, otherwise the information will never be up-dated. Perhaps Jabber should query LDAP every time Jabber is started and refresh the contact information.

The problem with not automatically refreshing the cache is, users will always waste time dialing the wrong number before they are ever aware that the number has changed.

Jabber should be smarter than that.

David Little
Level 1
Level 1

just updated to Jabber 11.6.1 and having a sort of similar issue.  all my contact just show up as username@domain.ca  I have no Click to Call button for the any of them at the moment.

I have reset, deleted Local and Roaming Jabber folders.  reinstalled.  Downgraded to 11.1.2 version that I had before and no joy.

I right click to View Profile and I only see username@domain.ca and no it doesn't update.

If I delete and read the user then I see it.. until I reboot my computer. :(

Something is not working and I can't figure it out.

CUPS System version: 9.1.1.81900-10