cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Dial Tone

Chris Penny
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for Cisco Jabber, using computer for calls, to provide a dial tone before a user dials a number.

My user is using a wireless headset that connects to PC with USB dongle. Headset provides a setting to allow for dial tone from soft phone when pressing the answer button on the headset. Otherwise, when the user dials a number in Jabber there can sometimes be a delay between when they dial the number and when audio is heard on the headset. My goal is to have the user press the button on the headset first, get dial tone so they know the audio is up, then dial their number.

I can dial my outside access code (9), and press enter in Jabber and that gives me my dial tone, but the keypad option in Jabber is greyed out when I do this so no number can be dialed.

Not a huge issue, just curious if anyone has any insight. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber doesn't have an on-hook/off-hook mode, you're really expected to input the number and then press dial to place the call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Simple answer - no, there is no way to do that, the "phone" doesn't come off hook until you dial a number, and once you do that you can't dial more numbers until the call connects to something. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber doesn't have an on-hook/off-hook mode, you're really expected to input the number and then press dial to place the call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you sir. That's what I figured but I was hoping I was just missing a setting somewhere. Thanks!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: