Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber first call of the day issue

Pavel Herc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We are using jabber 11.6 ( for testing we have also 11.8, 12.0 ) in the CUCM Cluster ( 11.5 SU4) and users are facing weird issue while using the Jabber. 

Intermittently the first call of the day is experiencing the one way audio.  In the logs and in the call statistics is visible that the packets are going through and the Packet loss is 0 and Jitter also. 

When user hangs up and the call is reproduced immediately then everything is fine and users can hear each other. Also when the user stays in the call although he do not hears nothing after aprox 20 seconds he hears the incoming stream.

Is it possible that the issue is being caused by the USB drivers ? ( The problem intermittently stops when the port where the headset ( wireless and also Cable) is attached is being changed, after 2-3 weeks the issue is back again). 
Can this be also attached to some windows updates ? 
I am struggling with this issue for a 1 year almost and no points which could show something what can bring me forward in this case. 

Computers used are Dell Latitude 5440 / W7 

sound card : Name: Realtek High Definition Audio
Description: Realtek High Definition Audio

Heasdset: Jabra UC VOICE 750a mono

Is there somebody Who has the same issues and is in troubleshooting of this ? 

thanks in advance,

5 Replies 5

drvbaysued
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pavel,

we are facing the same Problem with nearly the same configuration as you.

We also notice, that the first incoming call has no ringing tone, it is only visible in the jabber pop-up window.

Cisco Jabber 11.8.4, 12.0.1, 12.1.1 via CUCM

Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

Headset: Jabra BIZ 2300 with Link 260 USB Adapter 

Could you solve the Problem meanwhile? Or did you open a TAC case concerning the issue? 

HI ,

We have tested the version of the Jabber 12.1 and we do disabled the effects (enhancements ) on the realtek audio sound card. This brought an solution to a user but I am not sure how long does it take. It looks like the functionality is depending on the Windows updates ( sounds weird but sometimes after Win updates the issue disappears and after some it appears again)
Known workaround ist to change the usb Port (then it stops for some time ).
I think this should be some bug and it should be analyzed and found some fix for it if possible).
p.s.: When you check the call statistics in that time are the RTPs values raising ? are there some dropps or Jitter?

Hi,

we are facing the same problems as in the comments above.

We are using CUCM 11.SU6 and Jabber 12.1

Has anybody found a solution for this beheavier?

Regards

Sven

My best recommendation for this would be to upgrade Jabber to one of the latest versions. Any known bugs would be fixed and that would eliminate Jabber as the issue and instead you could focus on either the PC or the USB Headset.

Hi,
I have tried it with the latest version of Jabber, and there was one behavior which pointed to the Windows.
The issue occurred after some updates, and have disappeared after another updates. I tried to find out what was the trigger, but didn't found any visible for me.
Also helped to disable the deactivating the USB power saving, and using the ports directly on the laptop, not in the docking station, which often caused for us also some voice quality isues. .
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: