cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Android - Download it Today

mgervase
Level 1
Level 1

Today marks the release of our first app under the Jabber brand - Cisco Jabber for Android.

Available for download in the Android Market, Cisco Jabber for Androidlets you place, receive, and manage calls over a Wi-Fi network using your Android device. Your Android becomes your IP phone, while also providing corporate directory lookup and enterprise telephony calling features.

You can run Cisco Jabber for Android in the background to receive calls but not interfere with other applications on your device. With Cisco Jabber for Android, you can also:

• Use your business phone number for outgoing and incoming calls, masking your personal phone number

• Move calls from a Wi-Fi to a cellular network, keeping calls live without disconnecting

• Move calls to your Cisco Unified IP Phone and back, so you can roam while continuing calls

Cisco Jabber for Android features utilize the native Android interface, making them easy to use:

• Add, conference, and swap calls with multiple callers using simple soft-key commands

• Be alerted to and listen to your office voice messages with a single click

• Access your company directory while you are on the go

Cisco Jabber for Android works with your Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection to deliver these UC services directly to your Android device.

To read the datasheet and see product support details, visit www.cisco.com/go/ciscomobileuc.

To view the overview video, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZMkdYxHzg.

Download the app today and let us know what you think!

Regards,

Mark Gervase

Collaboration Marketing Manager

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

30 Replies 30

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

Mark - when will the Android device COP file be available for download?  I work for a partner and am trying to go through our Cisco account team to obtain the file but it seems to be taking some time.

I don't understand why Cisco releases all this documentation and information about a product months before the product is even released.  Then they make it hard to even obtain the product; very frustrating.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

For a variety of reasons the Jabber for Android app is on new product hold. Threre is a process to go through to get the COP file, documented here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11596/product_bulletin_c25-661348.html

Some of the steps require partner access to cisco.com, so if you are still having trouble getting help from your account team or Cisco channel partner, direct message me via this community and I'll keep things moving for you.

Sorry that your experiencing frustration with our process as this is not our intent. Let me know how I can help.

Thanks,

Mark

How can we get the COP file there is no registration via the Beta testing and we would like to test out the Jaber client for Android.   

Thanks,

Jess

Is there any update on the IM client for android. It has been over a year since that question was asked?

Thanks

Chris

IM for Jabber on Android is on the roadmap for the second half of 2012 is what I've been told.

Is there a client for the iphone/ipad or is it just the blackberry?

Thanks,

Chris

Blackberry and iPhone both have IM clients today. Jabber IM is the product.

Thanks

Srini

xpriceja1
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

Are there immediate plans to add instant messaging capabilities to the Jabber for Android client? If so, is there any way to track progress on this, or do you have any other information?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason, for a variety of reasons we are constrained as to what we can say about future product enhancements and our roadmap in general in a public forum. However, I can tell you that the Jabber IM for BlackBerry app is going to be available within a few weeks http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11763/index.html and Cisco Mobile for Nokia already has IM included in the app http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11766/index.html. This is an example of how we are enabling Cisco IM and Presence on mobile devices. Knowing that we also offer mobile apps on iPhone and Android, its reasonable to assume there will be Cisco IM and Presence coming to those platforms in the future. I know that's not the most direct answer to your question, but hopefully it helps.

Mark

Hi Mark:

I searched www.cisco.com, can not find where "Cisco Jabber for Android" can be download.

except documents

my question is:

when "Cisco Jabber for Android.apk" can be release?

if has been released, could you please pasting a web link here?

Thanks

Chen Xuefeng

Hi, Jabber for Android is already available via Android Market. But what you need is Dual Phone Device Type for Android for your CUCM. I believe in later releases (maybe 8.5 has it) as a standard Device type. If you have older version, you need to install a .cop file which can be obtained thru your local Cisco UC SE team.

Jiri, thanks so much for providing the correct answer to Chen Xuefeng's question. I love to see our community members helping each other out. We are a much stronger community when that happens!

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

I urgently need either the cop file or CUCM 8.6, but none of them can be downloaded using partner CCO. Can someone provide me, at least the cop file please ? I am now using CUCM 8.0.3. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suwandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: