cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Android - Download it Today

mgervase
Level 1
Level 1

Today marks the release of our first app under the Jabber brand - Cisco Jabber for Android.

Available for download in the Android Market, Cisco Jabber for Androidlets you place, receive, and manage calls over a Wi-Fi network using your Android device. Your Android becomes your IP phone, while also providing corporate directory lookup and enterprise telephony calling features.

You can run Cisco Jabber for Android in the background to receive calls but not interfere with other applications on your device. With Cisco Jabber for Android, you can also:

• Use your business phone number for outgoing and incoming calls, masking your personal phone number

• Move calls from a Wi-Fi to a cellular network, keeping calls live without disconnecting

• Move calls to your Cisco Unified IP Phone and back, so you can roam while continuing calls

Cisco Jabber for Android features utilize the native Android interface, making them easy to use:

• Add, conference, and swap calls with multiple callers using simple soft-key commands

• Be alerted to and listen to your office voice messages with a single click

• Access your company directory while you are on the go

Cisco Jabber for Android works with your Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection to deliver these UC services directly to your Android device.

To read the datasheet and see product support details, visit www.cisco.com/go/ciscomobileuc.

To view the overview video, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZMkdYxHzg.

Download the app today and let us know what you think!

Regards,

Mark Gervase

Collaboration Marketing Manager

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

30 Replies 30

Hi Suwandy, sorry for the delayed response. Please see instructions for getting the cop file in the Cisco Jabber for Android product bulletin: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11678/product_bulletin_c25-661348.html

Thanks and good luck,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for your information. I finally got the cop file from Cisco Jabber Team, tested and worked great!

Regards,

Suwandy

Suwandy, thanks for the reply. I'm glad you got the cop file and that you are up and running on Jabber. Feel free to share with the community the ways you are using Jabber to be more productive. We love hearing feedback and success stories.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I need the cop file for CUMC 7.1.5.10000-12 could you help me?

Regards,

Cezar Sant'Anna

Cezar, please work with your Cisco account team or Cisco reseller to get the Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator cop file that you need. I am sorry but I am not able to help with this request.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Currently I'm installing the cop file into my cucm8.5, I found that the Installation Guide doesn't help much, I have no idea on how to fill up the form below:

Capture.PNG

Any idea?

Thanks & regards,

HowYee

HowYee,

I'm not the technical expert so I can't be certain that I have all the answers for you.  There should be an admin guide for each version of UCM that offers guidance. The best I can find is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_jabber/Android/86/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8.6.x_Admin_Guide.html#wp810478

Good luck,

Mark

HowYee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

Is vpn installation a must in my samsung galaxy mini in order to use the Cisco Jabber?

Thanks & regards,

How Yee

How,

A VPN is not required to use Jabber on the corporate network, but once you are off the corporate network and roaming using public hotspots or at home, you will need a way to securely connect back to the core UC services that are behind the firewall (call control, voicemail, directory). Cisco offers an AnyConnect mobile app for Android that can provide that secure connection through a Cisco ASA firewall/VPN headend.

But stay tuned as we expect to add a secure connection feature to the Jabber for Android client so that you do not need a separate vpn on your device.

Mark

Dear

why Cisco Jabber v 8.6.4 not working with Galaxy Note while it's working fine with Galaxy S 2 with same setup?

I noticed you posted this question in a few other threads on the Community. I am posting the link to the response you received from Cisco here https://communities.cisco.com/message/86442#86442

Thank you,

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Renaulta067939
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In my company we use Cisco Ip Communicator under Windows XP, what do I need to make work Jabber?

If I use the device_ID and Ip address Server from windows configuratio I receive an error "Invalid index 0, size is 0"

thank you for your orientations (I'm not an expert)

Jorge,

This community does not provide technical support and is not staffed with technical support experts.  I recommend you post this and future technical support questions to the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa). Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert debugging assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

ccm@dm1n1
Level 1
Level 1

We restrict access to the Android market on our corporate mobile devices, and we load apps up manually.

What alternative method can we use to obtain the jabber client for android?

ccm@dm1n1
Level 1
Level 1

We restrict access to the Android market on our corporate mobile devices, and we load apps up manually.

What alternative method can we use to obtain the jabber client for android?