cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco Jabber for Android unregister after a short time.

yamenmjendel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, 

I am using CUCM v9.1.2 with VCS-C/VCS-E (X8.2.2) for remote and Mobile access.

As Software, I am using jabber 10.6.0 for Android. 

I noticed after a short time (5 min) the Jabber client unregister from the CUCM without showing any message on the device. The sip device profile was configured as stated in the Technote below. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-85/113471-jabber-android-00.html#increase

Are there any parameters to change/to take into consideration? or has anyone such behaviour encountered?

Best regards, 

Yam

3 Replies 3

I have currently a TAC case open for the same effect but for me it happened under Windows 8.1.

After testing and debugging which software or driver could interfere, we found out that the culprit is Kaspersky Antivirus

The issue showed with the Softphone only. Voicemail, Chat etc. were all working great. Sniffer traces showed an intentional "reset" of the current SIP connection. CUCM in turn unregistered the Jabber softphone, but the client was allowing to place a call which of course did not go anywhere because CUCM showed the device as unregistered. There was no error message in any way.

We also tested CIPC in SIP mode and a 3rd party SIP softphone but these were rock solid. Adding CiscoJabber.exe to trusted applications did not help. Switching off protection entirely did not solve the issue. It seems that the presence of the installed filter driver of Kaspersky alone was enough to cause this issue. After uninstalling the Antivirus Jabber runs solid.

Cisco has the facts and is working on it

Best

Patrick

I faced this issue with only Cisco Voice Jabber , have you tried any newer version of Jabber !!

The issue has not been solved yet. I'm running Jabber 11.1 and can reproduce the issue with Windows 8.1 and 10 in a VM when Kaspersky Antivirus is installed. Maybe the Internet security sweet uses different intermediate drivers, but haven't tested this yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: