cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.2.6 (setting registry keys)

Phillip Harding
Level 5
Level 5

All,

I would like to be able to set the general option for Cisco Jabber to force the client to, "Start Ciso Jabber when my computer starts" option.  Is this a registry setting I can force?  I'd also like to force calendar intergration with Microsoft Outlook by default as well.  We are using SCCM to push Jabber via RAP.  Are these registry settings HKCU or HKLM?  Thanks Phillip                    

3 Replies 3

Hi Phillip,

Both of those settings are controlled through Cisco Jabber's local configuration file. No registry settings are involved.

Cisco Jabber's local configuration file is located on:

%APPDATA%\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\jabberLocalConfig.xml

To configure Cisco Jabber to start when computer starts, "Start_Client_On_Start_OS" config-element should be set to "true":

To set Microsoft Outlook integration in Cisco Jabber, "calendarintegrationtype" config-element should be set to "1":

Regards,

Vladimir.

Phillip Harding
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks for the information how would I modify the JabberlocalConfig.xml file with these settings to all my users not not include my profile information?  I noticed by user name, etc. is stored and I'd like to force these settings but not include my specific profile information.  Thanks Phillip

Hi Phillip,

you may find more details on Installation and Configuration guide how to set Start_Client_On_Start_OS parameter in jabberConfig file.

Keep in mind that values set in JabberlocalConfig.xml have presedence over value set in jabberConfig.xml file from TFTP server.

Regards,
Nebojsa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: