Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Windows on XenApp - One-Way Audio Issue

Yoichi Inoue
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am testing Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.0.4 on XenApp 6.5 environment, and I am facing issue that audio from Jabber to Physical phones is missing. But audio from Physical phone to Jabber is working.

On windows both microphone/speaker are working properly, but Jabber option Audio shows "Speaker is not found" and "Microphone is not found". Also I cannot change anything under Audio window.

I believe Jabber for Windows 9.0.x is supported on XenApp 6.5 environment.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_01000.html#JABW_RF_N98B227E_00

Is there any way Jabber to recognize or change the configuration of Microphone and Speaker?

Also is anyone testing Jabber for Windows on XenApp environment?

Best regards,

YI

9 Replies 9

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI YI,

Is it XenApp 6.5 published Desktop or XenApp 6.5 published Application? Jabber only supports XenApp 6.5 published Desktop.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

We are using XenApp 6.5 published desktop, and it should be supported.

Under Windows Control Panel, both microphone and speakers are working properly via XenApp. However Jabber option page does NOT recognize both (Citrix HDX Audio).

Regards,

YI

Hi YI,

Please open a TAC case for further assistance.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Yi

Did did you manage to get J4W to work in XenApp 6.5? I'm facing the same issue in J4W 9.1. I can't select headset in desktop mode.

Best regards

Kristian

Hi all,

we have the same problem. If a TAC case open on this?

There might already be a solution?

Kind regards

Chris

If everybody on this thread is referring to using Jabber on virtualized environment on SOFTPHONE mode, that's not supported.

Cisco Jabber for Windows  supports the following functionality in virtual environments:
  • Instant  messaging and presence
  • Desk  phone  control

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_CA48EE46_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-administration_chapter_01.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi

Now I'm trying to get J4W 9.1.2 and work on our stand-alone Citrix XenApp 6.5 servers. But I still can't select the headset in Audio menu. But the headset is showned in control panel. I'm running XenApp 6.5 in desktop mode.

Thanks

Kristian 

Hello,

I have the same problem, tried up to Jabber 9.2.1 and still the same issut, one-way-audio on Xenapp 6.5 published desktops. The forwarded mic in Xenapp sends no audio to the remoteside.

In the audio recording and playback setting on xenapp desktop, I can see that both directions do react and another audio recorder is working.

When I login to the same Xenapp Server via MS RDP, the Jabber is working great.

any hint?

thx

Daniel

Jaime,

Sorry but unable to lacate your statement in the link you provided.

Has anyone got this working at all?

I have customer with same issue.

Neil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: