Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
richard Beck
Beginner

Cisco Jabber H323 calls from Call Manager to VCS-C -> VCS-E

All,

I am trying to call an IP from Jabber registered to CUCM 9.1 with a trunk to VCS-C -> VCS-E. I've setup CUCM to use the following "work around" for calling IP addresses : http://www.ucguerrilla.com/2014/02/cisco-telepresence-endpoints-and-ip.html 

I have all the routing in place in CUCM and I see the call hit VCS-C and E. The endpoint I am calling is H323 only. The other endpoint never answers. When I look at the search history for the call i can see that it never tries to call via H323. It tries SIP and then quits. If I call from MOVI directly registered to VCS-C the call connects.

Any ideas?

Thanks

RB

5 REPLIES 5
Jaime Valencia
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Do you have interworking licensed and enabled?

What does the logs say when you try to call from Jabber?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie,

Yes, I am licenses for interworking. However, I see that it is set as "registered only". I would assume that i should set it to "On" since Jabber doesnt "register" to VCS but to CUCM?

Again, thanks for all you do on this forum. Learn a lot from your post.

Jaime Valencia

Correct

Registered only: the VCS acts as a SIP-H.323 gateway but only if at least one of the endpoints is locally registered.

HTH

java

Gotcha, in this case the address I am calling is not on our network. It's external. I switched it to "On" The call went through but i didn't receive video... audio only.

Jaime Valencia

You'd need to look at the logs from the call to find out if they're negotiating video or not, and if they're, if they agree in a certain codec.

HTH

java

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad