Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone

sean Riley
Level 4
Level 4

CUPS: 8.5.1

I just installed Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone v 1.0 to test with.  When I log into the app on the iPhone all of the CUPC users show everyone offline.  For example my coworkers CUPC client shows everyone in his contacts offline when I am log into the iPhone client.

Is anyone else running the iPhone client and if so do you experience simliar issues?

7 Replies 7

dgraver05403
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to login once and see all my teammate's status and send a message to someone. Then I logged out. Then I attempted to login again but mis-typed my password just once and now Jabber IM is stuck in a dead-end with the message, "System Error"  "Sorry, and unexpected error condition has occurred.....provide the following reference number to help locate additional information about this problem in the system files. Error Reference: dwnios"

All that this iPhone App. will do at this point is display this message. It is apparently stuck in some dead-and, with no way out that I can find.

All I can think of doing at this point is deleting the App. and re-installing it.

Reloading the App onto the iPhone got it working again.

This iPhone App locked up and dead-ended on me again. This time to a white screen (with "Cisco Jabber IM" in a blue-background title bar at the top). The only way I can figure out how to get out of these dead-ends with this App is to delete the App and reload from iTunes.

Chris Tolley
Level 3
Level 3

My understanding of this is the the JabberIM app needs CUPS 8.6

aman.kapuria
Level 4
Level 4

Had exactly the same issue. CUPS 8.5 and CUPC 8.5

Had a tac case for cupc randomly going in offline state and tac couldnt figure out why from the traces and packet captures. Read this post and got few users to exit out of Jabber on their iphones and restarted CUPC and it worked OK. The moment we logged back into Jabber on iphones, cupc went offline.

I think jabber is only supposed to work OK with CUPS 8.6. I have asked TAC for a bug ID.

Hi Guys,

I am suspecting the issue to be this bug CSCtq21385::

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtq21385

The problem is seen when user is logged into their CUPC client and then logs into the Jabber IM client.

The fix is to upgrade to version 8.5(5) of the CUPC client. I believe this version is in a release pending status.

I am estimating the release time to be sometime in December 2011. But this is not an official release time for this release.

Thanks,

Farbod

We've found upgrading to 8.5(4) is enough to fix the issue of CUPC users being logged out when a user logs into Jabber IM for iPhone, so it may be worth trying that whilst we wait on the 8.5(5) release.