Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber integration with Skype for Bussines

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I wonder if Cisco Jabber offers integration with Skype for Business.

I have found the following tool Cisco UC Integration(TM) for Microsoft Lync, but I think it may be overkill for our requirements.

I would like to accomplish the following. After finding the contact in Skype for Business and clicking call the call to be pointing to the Cisco Jabber (call to be placed) rather than to the Skype for Business. Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

3 Replies 3

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Don't know how Skype operates, when you press the "Call" button, but have you tried to configure your default programs for "tel:" ?

If it's a Windows workstation go to ControlPanel/Programs/DefaultPrograms/SetAssociations and search for TEL (it's almost at the bottom) and there asscociate Jabber.

And there is CUCILYNC, but as I heard / read this is not really working fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Peter

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, despite associating TEL to the Cisco Jabber, SFB still does not point the call to the Jabber. Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello!

Technically speaking, for the current Jabber design there is no plug-in for integration with Skype IM. This is an unsupported environment since they use the same APIs. Therefore, these applications were never intended to be running on the same PC together. This is why Cisco offers CUCILync as a standalone option that can be directly installed on a PC with SFB running. 

However, if you are planning to run Cisco Jabber in Phone Mode only, and keep the presence and IM in the S4B application, I suggest you to do the following on a clean PC (make sure there is no S4B nor Cisco Jabber installed):

Install Cisco Jabber using the following command line argument to disable Click2X. This is necessary to prevent a conflict.

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 CLICK2X=DISABLE PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_ Mode

After Jabber is successfully installed, then install Skype for Business (make sure you do it in this order).

You can check this Microsoft registry key to see which application is the default IM application, after they have been installed:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers]

From Jabber’s perspective that CLICK2X disable install argument avoids Jabber overwrites the IM Application registry as it would belong to other application.

CUCILync is the easiest way through this since it was designed not to interfere with Skype for Business (the name literally implies that; Cisco UC Integration for Lync, aka SFB). 

Regards, Miguel Castillo
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: