Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber keeps saying invalid Username/Password

Paul Lehnert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Just for starters I have seen this topic on it already: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24403 But the stuff in that link didn't work for me.

Background information, setup a new laptop for a user, installed Jabber and couldn't sign in.  I tried signing in on another machine as the same user and that one did work.  I also signed into the unified presence user options page as the user, and that worked.  I tried my own user account on the new laptop as well as someone elses and neither of them worked.  They both do work elsewhere, so I know they work.  I checked the firewall settings and it is set to allow Jabber through that so it's not blocking it.  I also updated to the latest version that we are using in our company, 9.1.3 build 13181, and that didn't resolve it.

Since it is only happening on the new laptop I feel it has to be something on the new machine itself.  So any idea of what I can check so the user can use Jabber?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Delete Jabber folders under following locations and retry:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications

If you still have same problem then create a problem report (start menu > Cisoc Jabber > Cisco Jabber Problem Report) and attach with this thread. If you are not comfortable to attach report here, then raise a TAC case for further assistance.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Delete Jabber folders under following locations and retry:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications

If you still have same problem then create a problem report (start menu > Cisoc Jabber > Cisco Jabber Problem Report) and attach with this thread. If you are not comfortable to attach report here, then raise a TAC case for further assistance.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks.  That seems to have resolved the issue.