Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber login issue - going to webex messenger during login

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

We are running Cisco Jabber 10.6.2

While logging into Cisco Jabber via Windows or iPhone inside LAN, some time login is successful.

But many times, log-in fails  with incorrect username/password. What we observed is whenever log-in fails, Cisco Jabber login pages,

shows, Enter username  Password for WebEx Messanger. But some time, when we reset Jabber, Login page shows "Enter username/password for CUCM & IM"

When it shows Enter username  Password for WebEx Messanger. Always login fails, becoz we dont have webex login.

Question is why some time, Jabber login shows "Enter username  Password for WebEx Messanger."

We have done all the DNS SRV entries for automatic Jabber login.

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

4 Replies 4

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4

What I think happened was the Jabber client couldn't detect the SRV record of_cuplogin.

On the other hand, I'd recommend upgrading to 10.6(4) as it fixes the lag issue on previous version. Also try on this version if you are experiencing same issue.

CSCuu02593 - Jabber 10.x getting delay and slow response due to Microsoft KB3038314.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

This problem resolved.

Problem was: Cloud webex was enabled previously.

Since internal and external domain name was same (ex:domain.com)

jabber was looking for webex login.

We have disabled external cloud webex registered domain. Which we were not using.

Then the problem resolved.

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rajesh,

If you don't have Webex then I will suggest you to modify the exe of Jabber and exclude Webex in there. See the Deployment guide on how to do it, use opra. You won't have any login issues after that as it will not search for webex anymore. Also, if you have any domain in there so for e.g. abc@def.com then you can put @def.com in the Service Domain and your users will not have to type complete abc@def.com for the first screen.

Also, I will suggest use Jabber 11, it's in Beta version but it supports pause dialing whereas 10.6 doesn't. 

I hope it helps

Regards,

Vishal

Sankar Voleti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rajesh,

Are you still looking for help on this?

Sankar

Cisco TAC