cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber MRA not authenticating Jabber User

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new installation of Expressway C and E - version 8.8.2.

Jabber users have no problem logging in locally but when trying to login through MRA the Event Log  in Expressway C message is-  I replaced username and domain.

"edgeconfigprovisioning: Level="WARN" Service="ECS" Detail="Request failed" User="('username', 'USER')" Reason="Unable to determine home CUCM" Reason="No UDS servers configured" UTCTime="2016-11-20 14:35:30,113"

edgeconfigprovisioning: Level="WARN" Service="ECS" Detail="Request failed" User="('username', 'USER@DOMAIN.COM')" Reason="Unable to determine home CUCM" Reason="No UDS servers configured" UTCTime="2016-11-20 14:35:30,402"

This is a single NIC expressway e configuration. The Zone between the C and E are active. In CUCM all of the servers and UC Service servers are configured with the hostname.domainname and not IP. Forward and reverse lookups in DNS are configured. The SSH tunnel status in Expressway C is active.

Any assistance is appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the users have the home cluster checked in CUCM??

Have you tried going to the CUCM config in EXP-C and doing a refresh??

Do you have the required SRVs in your internal network?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes to all of your question. Jabber works internally without any problems, and after changing the servers IP's in CUCM to hostnames in "Servers" as well as changing the IP to host names in UC service I refreshed CUCM and IMP in Expressway C to reflect the hostname.

Is that request coming with the userID value from CUCM?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

we have to configure to home cluster in the User ID configuration for that particular user in CUCM. that should fix the issue

Hi martin,

i also have similar problem, firtsly i put ip addres on server setting in cucm, then i change it to fqdn, then my jabber cannot login, i checked dbreplication is down on pub.

what should i do ?

Regards,

Ahmed

noisey_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get to the bottom of this?

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

I think it can be an issue with your userid you are using for login.

When you login internally, jabber can access active directory and can resolve to correct user. For e.g. consider the scenario, in your AD you have a user John Citizen with the email as john.citizen@abc.com and userid as jcitizen. 

When you login internally with "john.citizen@abc.com" it will resolve this SIP address to "jcitizen" via AD and login works fine, however when you login via UDS the userid is "jcitizen" and hence when you try to login as "john.citizen" via MRA it doesn't works. It only works if the user first login internally and then move to MRA. Any new login request won't work.

I would suggest to verify that.

Regards,

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: