Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber multi line via MRA

iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

hello,

I configure a soft phone ( CSF ) with two lines in my CUCM, when i use call forwarding from my  Cisco Jabber in my LAN its work fine.

when i using Jabber MRA its work only if i forwarding this from line 1, but when i do this from line 2 its update in the PBX but in the jabber its still thinking. (Picture 1)

another problem when i try to cancel the forwarding, in the PBX its update but it the Cisco Jabber it still say that i forwarding the call .(Picture 2)

version of CUCM : 12.5.1.10000-22

Version of Cisco Expressway : 12.5.9

Version of Cisco Jabber : 12.7/8/9

Pictuer1 :

PIcture1.pngPicture 2 :

picture2.png

4 Replies 4

@iptsupport possibly you forgot to add the pictures?

Response Signature

i add them now, thank you.

Hello ,

The problem exists occurred.

any idea?

We also ran into this. I opened a TAC and the response I received was to look at our Expressway and make sure "SIP Path Headers" was enabled:

Enable SIP Path Headers on the Expressway-C, you must do the following:

1. On the Expressway-C go to Configuration > Unified Communications > Unified CM Servers. Check the box next to each CUCM Publisher and click the “Refresh Servers” button. This will take only a few seconds.
  2. All MRA clients will need to refresh their session for the change to take effect. For Jabber, you will need to sign and sign out. On IP Phones, you will need to do a Reset.

However we have some CUCMs that access the Expressway that are 10.6 and not the 11.5 that this is designed for so we cannot test to say this fixed our issue without upgrading a couple CUCMs. 

Here's the explanation from the Expressway Deployment guide Page 33:

This feature is disabled by default, because it impacts some features on earlier versions of Unified CM.
If you are using a Unified CM version before 11.5(1)SU3, and you enable SIP Path headers on Expressway-C, the
following Unified CM features will report the MRA devices' IP addresses instead of the Expressway's IP address:
■ Device Mobility
■ Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)
■ Cisco Emergency Responder (CER)
Other features may also be affected by this change. The devices' IP addresses are not useful for determining their
location, as they are typically from reserved private ranges and could overlap with your organization's internal range.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-11/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-11-4.pdf

Hope this helps you, iptsupport.