cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber MUTES all other audio sources while playing chat notification sounds...

Hi there guys!

I have a problem: after activating Jabber chat notifications, when I receive a message Jabber disables all sounds, plays the notification audio, then enables back the reproduction (WinAMP, Youtube, whatever). The whole thing takes only a couple of seconds, but I can guarantee it's really annoying! And this happens with all my devices, cable or bluetooth earphones...

Is there any configuration tab I can check?

Thank you very much!

4 Replies 4

Prassha
Level 1
Level 1

1. Try uninstall/reinstall your laptop audio drivers.

2.  Reinstall Jabber application.

Most probably your issue will be fixed.

Rate if you find this helpful

Regards
Prassha3
Rate if you find this helpful

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

Hi Prassha

I did reinstall drivers and Jabber itself, but it didn't work.

Seems like the Host Process of Windows takes control while playing the sound of the notification, then all comes back to normal...

Any suggestions?

Thks

Raffaele

nmonreal
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very similar, maybe the same, issue. Jabber will actually mute any VoIP application channel that I'm in when a notification sound is played for an incoming IM. The sound does not automatically restore itself and I'm forced to disconnect and reconnect to whatever VoIP channel I was in (e.g.: Discord, Webex meetings, etc.).

Since uninstalling and re-installing Jabber didn't work, and resetting Jabber didn't work (including purging local files), I am forced to mute all notification sounds in Jabber, which makes it very easy to miss calls and IMs.

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Control Panel > Sound > Select Sound Output device and click the Communications tab.

From there you can Mute all other sounds, Reduce Volume of other sounds by 80% or 50% or Do Nothing.

Sounds like you want Do Nothing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: