Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber over VPN

sean-boston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community;

I thought I would start here with my issue. I'm trying to use Cisco Jabber 11.6 with Palo Alto GlobalProtect SSL VPN client. I get an error "Cannot communicate with the server". When I use the Cisco Jabber with Anyconnect client, I can chat but the softphone doesn't work.

I should add that my servers are in the cloud at a Telco.

Does anyone have any good documents or experience with these issues?

Sean B

3 Replies 3

Hi,

first of all, do you have the correct license for softphone functionality?

if yes,

then with PA SSL VPN is used with mobile phone ? for example iphone?

if yes it's is a bug of pa ssl client (i have the same problem but now i use the expressway functionality) with mac OS X i don't have the problem

with anyconnect please check this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_6/jabw_b_releasenotes-for-ciscojabberforwindows-116.html

CJTAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Sean,

Not sure if this will assist, but we had the same sort of issues using global protect (we don't use anyconnect)

Fault finding was done on the PAN's, by monitoring the IP address of the VPN client and watching all the deny traffic inbound/outbound we found that the PAN was classifying the traffic as certain types of applications, which we did not think was correct.

To resolve - in our test environment, we created a firewall rule back out from our inside network to the VPN network - we have used "any" port(s) and turned off application classification for this specific rule, but we are in the process of finding the culprit port/application type that is causing this problem.

This also affected screen sharing over VPN.

Using the expressway-e it works fine, but we have staff that need to VPN in AND use Jabber.

Cheers,

CJ

Did you find the solution to this?

Regards,

Libin Benedict

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: