Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber persistent personal chat

Moshtabaa
Level 1
Level 1

hello Everyone

i config persistent chat on Cup11.5 by Microsoft Sql server, and i changed jabber-config.xml, it work correctly and Chat room are persistent, but i need to personal persistent chat. Private chat in not Persistent, and I would like for the chats to sync up across devices.

how should i do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to do that, unless you create a persistent chat room for every single 1:1 conversation you have.

If you mean you want logged out devices to get the chat you had on other device, then above would be the only option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to do that, unless you create a persistent chat room for every single 1:1 conversation you have.

If you mean you want logged out devices to get the chat you had on other device, then above would be the only option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

@Jaime Valencia I can't find option to create new persistent chat room in jabber for android. Just join existing room.

I can create room only from pc.

Is that normal? Is there any document said thatnot applicable to create new room from mobile ?

@Jaime ValenciaI already reviewed it but there is nothing mentioned creating new room from Mobile so I asked you if you can help

If it’s not listed in the referenced document it means that it’s not available/possible.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: