Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco JABBER RMA LICENSE

Hi Gents,

With the craziness going on with CONVID-19, i need to get my user setup to work from home which include a full jabber softphone. I would like to about if everything softphone is count as license or not???  on Top of CUCM enhanced plus license, do i require a license for expressway as well?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jabber softphones are phones and take a license.

If you have CUWL licenses, a service contract and (I as I recall) software subscription you can get licensing for MRA for free with a $0 order. Contact your reseller for assistance with this as there are a series/set of licenses required for MRA implementation.

There are also a *lot* of other considerations and requirements, so know that this will not happen quickly. There is an ocean of documentation available for planning and implementation.

Others on this site may have more specific guidance for you.

Maren

P.S.: Gents?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jabber softphones are phones and take a license.

If you have CUWL licenses, a service contract and (I as I recall) software subscription you can get licensing for MRA for free with a $0 order. Contact your reseller for assistance with this as there are a series/set of licenses required for MRA implementation.

There are also a *lot* of other considerations and requirements, so know that this will not happen quickly. There is an ocean of documentation available for planning and implementation.

Others on this site may have more specific guidance for you.

Maren

P.S.: Gents?

Also consider the configuration that is required on the public internet, the SRVs, DNS records and the public CA certificate, which also take time.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks you all.... I sorted it out.

I will just upgrade half of my current enhanced license to to enhanced Plus.

Expressway, and RMA has been working for a while... just wondering about license.

Its not RMA, Its MRA .
Please use this link to understand Expressway C & E licenses:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/applying-expressway-license/td-p/2541808

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3
Hello Gents,

For MRA & expressway setup this will take time since additional licenses required to run this feature which will cost you.
Alternate option is use your office vpn and ask user to login.

For cucm jabber profile licenses refer this doc https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: