cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Screen share (ver 10.5) unreadable, screen resolution very bad

hallinanpv1
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, im opening a TAC on this but figured the helpful folks on here would have a quicker answer.

We have a user in one of our remote offices who manages a group that uses the screen share function often, but for some of the users when they share their screen the resolution is so bad the screen is unreadable.

Looking through the release notes that the screen share is a function of Microsoft RDP and the resolution comes from the OS on hte laptop.

Odd thing is that the users can use Lync, or other apps sharing screen ,with no issues at all, and when i screen share with the users the resolution is perfect.

They are using Dell Latitude laptops, with the recommended screen resolution (1600 x 1200 i believe), the only thing different with me is that my laptop is older and max resolution is 1600 x 900.

Anyone experience this ?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Frank den Haan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We experienced something very similar to this. Check out this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12948231/video-call-screen-shared-jabber-1152-produces-fuzzy-screen-destinati…

Interesting thing is that there was never anything in the release notes for Jabber version 11.6 that addressed this, but sure enough it was fixed.

- Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: