Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Status Issues

JonesR
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day everyone,

We have been having for a time now issues with Cisco Jabber Status not updating correctly.

We have one server in one cluster for Jabber. 

The issues we are seeing are:

Staff logged off and shutdown device - jabber still showing as online.

Staff showing as available but away.

If in a meeting status then receives a call does not add, on-call to status.

CUCM 12.5 and Jabber 12.8.1

We had these issues with CUCM 11.5 and 12.0 with a different version of jabber.

What can we check or look at to ensure that the Status/presence stays true, due to remote working this is now an importing tool.

Many thanks,

R Jones

8 Replies 8

JonesR
Level 1
Level 1

I have also noticed that when signed into a desk phone, Jabber does update correctly the issue seems it can happen when just using jabber.

Hi,

Your IM&P services are working normally? Did you review the configuration of CUCM and IMP?

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can use the presence viewer under the end user to see what the system believes the customers presence is. Jabber's presence other than "on the phone" is based on the IM and Presence server's configuration and operation. If no clients are connected and the stream has timed out then it should show offline.

The hybrid message connector can impact this, as can calendaring presence or 3rd party applications. On the phone status is based purely on presence associations on the line appearances from the UCM. Presence does not go backwards to the phones and the lines will show green/available on the desk phones if the phone is registered, it's not tied to Jabber status.

I've had issues with user presence being incorrect before as well and had to restart services, and verify user's assignment to the correct nodes. It's been working well for us.

Presence information is known by the Jabber in a cache as well I believe, it does not poll status if you do not view the user's profile, it expects a stanza to come from the IM server updating the user's presence. If your MRA service is not operating correctly or the customer's Jabber client is on poor connectivity/broken then it will not update presence.

Lots of things to go wrong here but at least with the presence viewer you can make sure that the IMP server is aware of the correct status

Hi Adam,

@Adam Pawlowski wrote:

I've had issues with user presence being incorrect before as well and had to restart services, and verify user's assignment to the correct nodes. It's been working well for us.

Which services did you restart on which Server?  And is it the way that you have to restart those services frequently because the problem is coming back again after a while?

René

Rene,

The presence engine needed restart a couple of times in the past, and I want to say we hit the XCP Router at one point, as that's sort of the big service to tie everything together. I am not sure what had caused that but no the issue doesn't reoccur. Usually we see something like this happen only if there's some sort of massive interruption or instability causing clients to become not reliably reachable, storage issues disrupting the VM, or database issues impacting text conference. Other than that it runs well on its own at this point, from later 11.5SU and now 12.5SU3. If the world around it is stable, then it seems to be as well.

JonesR
Level 1
Level 1

We found that we need to update line appearance when using Jabber this now allow the device changes our status.

What do you mean by "update line appearance"? Having the same issue.

At the very bottom of the directory number assignment for a device there is an option for association of an end user. This setting enables line presence and is set per device that is assigned to the directory number.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: