cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Update Credentials Pop Up

aneesap90
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Jabber state change to disconnected and prompt Update Credentials "Your Instant messaging service credentials are invalid. Please update your account information".

>>>appear in mobile devices

Workaround:

1-Signout from the application and sign in or sometimes need reset

2-Re-typing password in the CUCM IM and Presence Page on Cisco Jabber App.

Kindly suggest

9 Replies 9

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I'm guessing that you're working with MRA deployment via Expressway server in order to login to your softphone. Am I correct?

If that's the case, I'm also guessing that on your Expressway server you chose under Configuration -> Unified Communications -> Configuration, the setting "Authorize by OAuth token with refresh" as On. Right?

So if I'm right, your authentication is using OAuth token instead of credentials authentication, meaning that the OAuth server is the CUCM which holds the tokens. And in that case, Cisco Unity Connection must know who is the OAuth server (CUCM) in order to authenticate the tokens (because now Unity also gets token and not credentials). So you need to go Unity Connection, to: System Settings -> Authz Servers, click Add New and add your CUCM IP address using the credentials of a user with proper AXL permissions or just put the admin user.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and appreciate your explanation

Correct! As you said , we are working with MRA deployment via Expressway server.

Please note that Configuration -> Unified Communications -> Configuration, the setting "Authorize by OAuth token with refresh" is Off in Expressway C.Also we are not using Cisco unity connection server and it is not added anywhere in Expressway server.

Please find the attached.

Hi

It seems that you are in saudi Arabia.. Have you solved your issue as i am getting the invalid message also...

Hi,

issue is not solved yet

But there is improvement after latest updation of jabber app. Issue could be related with application or internet connectivity. There is chance

Reece
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have SSO configured for CUCM, but not for Expressway?

No

Hi,

Did you get this resolved, I'm also having the same issue and without a fix.

Thanks

Thilina

We have not done any changes.but luckily we are not facing the issue.Could be related to Device or some application bug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: