cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Video (former movi) for Android Tablets

contrerasr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I know it is on roadmap but when will become available Jabber Video For Android ?

43 Replies 43

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

We are still at early planning stages for Android tablets.  For Android smart phones, the target (not committed) is 1HCY13.

Karin Wuhrmann

Cisco Business Solutions

Hello,

Is there any news regarding this question? I mean about Jabber Video for Android Tablets.

Thank you.

Roberto Martinez

Hi Roberto,

We plan on having demo capabilities of this client in 1HCY13.

Thanks,

Karin Wuhrmann

Cisco Business Solutions

Hi Karin,

Thanks for the update.  When is 1HCY13?

Regards,

Lex Day

Specifically we're looking to demo this client in Q2CY13.

Karin Wuhrmann

Cisco Business Solutions

So for normal people that are not deeply into the Cisco jargon, this would mean before end of January 2013?

Asuming the Cisco Year calendar is from August - July??

Hi,

I was referring to regular calendar years - January through December (Q2 would be April through June 2013).

Thanks,

Karin Wuhrmann

Cisco Business Solutions

Hi! Is jabber *video* (former movi) for android *phones* is available already? 1st q is almost over...

Hi,

We are still looking at Q2CY13 for demo capabilities of video on Android tablets (based on smart phone client, and CUCM only).

Thanks,

Karin Wuhrmann

Cisco Business Solutions

Thanks for the update.

Can you explain this in more detail:  "based on smart phone client, and CUCM only"

1.  Does this mean it will not work with the free jabber service that is offered for iPad and PC's?

2.  Will this work on both tablet and smart phone platforms?

3.  What is the roadmap / timeline to provide a jabber video client for Android that is equivilant to the iPad client?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi,

Let me try to be as specific as I can be right now:

1.  Does this mean it will not work with the free jabber service that is offered for iPad and PC's?

Correct - this demo will only work against CUCM.  It will not work with the Jabber Video service.

2.  Will this work on both tablet and smart phone platforms?

Only smartphones will officially be supported - but we will be able to demo video capabilities on tablets also.

3.  What is the roadmap / timeline to provide a jabber video client for Android that is equivilant to the iPad client?

We are still pre-commit for the Android tablet client - details will be provided once we have reached commitment.

Thanks,

Karin

Karin

But the WebEx TP service which is what I assume you mean by Jabber video service does support IPAD now including the free version(www.ciscojabbervideo.com). So when you do release a video only client for Android will you support WebEx for TP?

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini,

At this point we only committed the initial Android smartphone video client which will only support CUCM.  I cannot yet comment details around the Android tablet client as we have not yet committed it.

Thanks,

Karin

This lack of commitment and continued delays in release a ful-fetaured Android phone and tablet client does not align with Cisco's collaborate on ANY device messaging. Dissapointing...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: