cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Video (former movi) for Android Tablets

contrerasr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I know it is on roadmap but when will become available Jabber Video For Android ?

43 Replies 43

Hi,

We are working on a quarterly commit cycle.  Android tablet support (beyond demo capabilities that will be offered via the smart phone client) is targeted after June 2013 which is why we don't yet have a committed timeline.

Thanks,

Karin

thank  you.. posting this updates

Any updates on the demo since it's June now??

We don't yet have an update for Android Tablet support.

Thanks,

Karin

Any new update on time frame?

Android tablet is in our backlog for future development - I don't have specific timelines right now.  Given backlog priorities, we likely will not have an update until CY14.

Thanks,

Karin

CY14 - As is January 2014?

It's very dissapointing that you are unable to speed up this process. 

The Cisco CIUS is an andoird tablet.  Can you not port the application from that tablet for use on other android tablets?

nice dog and pony at any cisco location but have them show you there equipment over 3g and 4g then decide how good cisco really is.

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Any update on the Android release or demo?

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Polycom Realpresence is available for Android on most platforms.

Microsoft Lync 2013 available on all mobile platforms including Android and will include video.

Why is Cisco lagging behind?

Polycom had their Ipad app working a long time before Cisco.

Funny thing was the Polycom app worked with the Tandbergs.

And dont get caught up in the corporates use Iphones only myth.

Have you head of BYOD?

You need to provide all software on multiple platforms. Get with it.

It may look good on your CV's but it not good for business.

So is Jabber we are talking about Jabber for TP(aka Movi). jabber UC which registers to CCM supports voice/video on IPhone and Android. Jabber 9.5 is currently in beta trials. You need to sign up for access

https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/eap/jabber_android_eap?view=documents

Srini

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Any news?

Any updates on this?  I agree with those before me that the fact a Movi/Jabber Video for Android client doesn't exist at this point is quite disappointing. 

Unfortunately for people without CUCM, it looks like CISCO is moving most of their development to Jabber clients that connect via CUCM...and the new expressway collaboration edge. VCS-C/VCS-E users with TMS look to be out in the cold. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: