cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Voice 9.1.9 can't working on iOS 9.0 or higher

Anson Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

We are doing the evaluation with Cisco Jabber voice for iPhone 9.1.9, before iOS upgraded to 9.0, the Jabber Voice for iPhone works correctly. With latest iOS version, it can't works correctly, always shows with disconnection to CUCM server. Also I found I can't download the Cisco Jabber Voice from apple store in currently.

Does anyone have the same issue or what‘s happening with Cisco Jabber Voice?   

20 Replies 20

Hello,

We are having the same troubles since the upgrade to ios 9 or higher.

It seems like Jabber Voice is not able to know the network parameters of the iphone. Impossible to get the jabber client connected.

If someone has suggestions or solutions, I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks

there is no mention of support for ios 9 with jabber voice for iphone 9.1.9; here is a release notes for jabber voice 9.1.9 for iPhone;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone-Voice/9-1-9/JABI_BK_CBFDFCC7_00_cisco-jabber-voice-for-iphone.html#JABI_RF_S2C183E7_00

Requirements for Users and Devices

Cisco Jabber Voice for iPhone is available from the Apple App Store.

Cisco supports Cisco Jabber Voice for iPhone on the following iOS devices:
  •  

iPhone model 4, 4s, 5, 5c, and 5s

•  

iPod Touch fifth generation

•  

iOS support: the latest version of iOS 7 or iOS 8

A better option might be to use the " call manager " option under advanced settings of the latest cisco jabber for ios instead for phone only mode.

Please rate if this post helps.

- Amit

Jabber voice is not downloadable anymore.

I can't configure any extension anymore in Cisco Callmanger Express 10.5.

CISCO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!

Hello Amit,

I have iPhone 6 with IOS 9.1 but jabber for voice not working for me like its not getting connected to CUCM.

If i will use iPhone 5 with same IOS 9.1, its working fine with me.

Is iPhone 6 not supported for jabber for voice or we need to use different IOS ?

Same for me. 

I have an iPhone 6s using iOS 9.2.1 and Jabber Voice version 9.1.9.  

Just can't get it to connect. 

Maxim Denisov
Level 3
Level 3

Why do you need Jabber Voice when there is much better Cisco Jabber?

chestertonmx
Level 1
Level 1

Somebody has solved this issue. Did you know if the Cisco Jabber Works on the same systems (call manager) that Jabber Voice?

Regards.

Yes, latest Cisco Jabber (v11.1, from App Store) works fine with CUCM v7.1.5, even with video.

Without anyone Presence Server.

Just disable Auto in Advanced Settings (at first start or after settings reset) and select Phone-Only Mode.

At CUCM side device looks like Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone (Android).

Thanks. This worked for me. However, I cannot get my voicemail configured. It shows the server field, but it won't let me select it or click next to enter anything.

It's a known bug.

Colleagues recommend to edit the file jabber-config.xml at CUCM side.

https://www.ucguru.com/jabber-configuration-with-jabber-config-xml/

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/106926/jabber-config-file-generator

Looks like we do not even have a jabber-config.xml file on our CUCM servers. Old Jabber Voice client worked just fine and the new one works great for phone only.

What would I actually have to do if I just wanted to prefil the Voicemail Server IP?

I tried adding in the syntax below but it actually removed my voicemail option completely.

<Voicemail>
<VoicemailPrimaryServer>unity1</VoicemailPrimaryServer>
</Voicemail>

> Looks like we do not even have a jabber-config.xml file on our CUCM servers.

> I tried adding in the syntax below ...

Adding to where?

Are you sure that "unity1" hostname resolved to IP by iPhone?

Try to use FCDN or IP address.

Sorry...

I created a jabber-config.xml based off of this link (https://www.ucguru.com/jabber-configuration-with-jabber-config-xml/) and uploaded it to the TFTP server. Instead of "unity1," I used the IP address.

I tried the other link as well to build a new XML, but it didn't have options anywhere for  Unity server information.

How do the setting in CUCM server for Cisco Jabber phone-only mode? I don't know what's means the username@example.com. 

Regards,