Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber voicemail button DN

asp-pts01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I configured a new voicemail profile with new DN as in this manual https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/9_5/JABI_BK_J38B2ACB_00_jabber-iphone-server-setup-9-5/JABI_BK_J38B2ACB_00_jabber-iphone-server-setup-9-5_chapter_01000.pdf

All works fine when I call directly to voicemail pilot. But when I push the call voicemail button in Cisco Jabber, it calls to previous default voicemail DN.

In CUCM default voicemail profile pilot is set to new DN.

There is no previous DN in all Advanced Features - Voicemail and Call Routing - Route/Hunt submenus.

Where else the previous default voicemail DN may be set?

10 Replies 10

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What is the version of CUCM, Unity or Unity Connection, CUPS and Jabber?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Since you followed the documentation, can I assume that you changed the voicemail pilot as well as the voicemail profile? If not, double-check that *both* are configured correctly and both are both are set to be the default.

What happens if you assign the new voicemail profile manually on the DN of the Jabber client? Does the call go to the old number or the new number?

And - in the mind set of "when in doot reboot" - try fully exiting the Jabber client, resetting the CSF device in CUCM, and then logging back in.

Let us know how it goes.

Maren

"...try fully exiting the Jabber client, resetting the CSF device in CUCM..."

Maren, CUCM cannot reset a device which is unregistered, so in theory, logging out, then resetting the CSF in CUCM shouldn't actually do anything. Unless you know of a secondary function of the Reset in CUCM besides actually resetting the device?

I have had resetting devices while unregistered (not just trunks and gateways) fix a surprising number of weird issues over the years. Especially those issues that "shouldn't" be happening because everything is correctly configured. I don't know the reason behind it as I am not a database guru - and I know it shouldn't make a difference - but it's an easy thing to try.

Maren

I don't think CUCM does anything else when clicking reset, other than sending the instructions to the device. I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it. Perhaps you can find that source and share it? I really enjoy learning little secrets about how stuff works under the hood!

I don't have a source, only my experience (which means I could be totally talking out of my backside). It has happened often enough that I include it in my troubleshooting steps. (And it's easy, so why not?) Maybe it ends any lingering internal processing threads in CUCM. Maybe it clears the client's processing? Maybe it simply gives the systems time to reset themselves. I get that you want a 'real' answer, and I'm with you in learning about the subtle things that impact bigger things. I don't have one for you.

Maren

Yes, the voicemail pilot and the voicemail profile is changed to the new DN.

Resetting Jabber not helps.

So then:

1) What happens when the DN on the Jabber CSF device is set manually to the new Voicemail Profile (rather than leaving it at None/Default)?

2) Please provide a trace file including that Jabber client pressing the Voicemail button along with the PRT file from the Jabber client including that same thing.

Maren

Thanks for your care. I reset Voice Mail Profile on DN setting to <None> and set it back to default VM profile. After this trick Voicemail button works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: